Well, Clint left this morning. He came home on Friday, and we got a handful of days with him before his long absence. It was good time spent, and now we will start dealing with his absence. As we speak, he is driving a van to Atlanta, where he will start his long journey to Afghanistan. He told me that it would take him 12-15 days to get there, which seems ridiculous in this day and age, but when you are dealing with military, I guess that is pretty reasonable.
I have some pictures from our time this past week, but am breaking in a new computer. It may be a little too fancy for me, becuase I haven't figured out how to download pictures yet! Hopefully, by the end of the day I can figure it out!
I am so thankful for the time we got to spend with Clint prior to this morning. I regret that he didn't get to see Ethan play a baseball game, as that is what he was REALLY looking forward to. His tournament got rained out last weekend, so he was really dissappointed that it didn't work out. We did get to spend a lot of time at home chilling out, resting, and visiting with family and friends.
Now the really hard part starts. It will take a couple of weeks for the kids to get back to normal, especially Ethan. Luckily, Spring Break is next week, which should help the transition. Baseball is heating up, and things are getting very busy. My new computer has a webcam built in, so hopefully we will get to see Clint via internet within the month. I guess it will take that long for him to get settled in with internet. The time difference will make it challenging at times for the kids to get to see him on the computer, but I am sure we will make it work.
The most challenging is going to be the time lapse we are dealing with. We will not get to see him in person until around February of next year. His tour will be around 9 months, and he has 10 men under him that he has to arrange leave time for. That means that he will not be taking leave for himself. How does a family manage 9-10 months apart? I guess we will find out soon enough.
I know that so many of you are praying for us, and for Clint's safety. Please know that I greatly appreciate your continued concern and prayers. They will be of great comfort over the next year. Especially pray for Ethan during this time. He is such a good kid, and has a really good relationship with Clint. They do lots of things together, and his absence is definitely going to be hard on him.
Stay tuned for pics from our time together this past week....
No comments:
Post a Comment