Ugh.... My first week back at work, feeling like I am getting bronchitis again, and stayed up till midnight making lasagna and a baby shower cake. All I wanted was to sleep in just a little bit, as today is going to be a very long day. We have baseball opening ceremonies, a baby shower, early birthday party for Aidan with Papi and Judy (they will be out of town next week), topped off with 2 baseball games!
I hear little feet shuffle in, and an extremely cheerful little voice say, "Mama, I get to spend a few days with you 'cause my Teacher said! The clock says 7...1...3!" I knew at that point that my sleeping in a little was a lost cause, and immediately got the idea to blog this. I bought 5 minutes when I sent him to get his milk and he laid in the bed with me, but then he wanted to chat. "Is it just you and me, Mama?". "Is it day, Mama?". "I love you, Mama!". "Is it time to get up, Mama?" It is a good thing I love that child more than life itself, you know? Most people don't get to chat with me like that in the morning....
Now that I have my cup of coffee steaming right here beside me, and I am looking out over my back porch and watching this beautiful day develop, I guess I will get started on the day's festivities. I am not even sure if I have any clothes clean, or Ethan's baseball uniform washed. Better get to it....
No comments:
Post a Comment