I am copying my friend April's blog, but wording it a little different so that it is not TOTALLY obvious. My boys keep me in stitches with the things they say. I sometimes even crack myself up at the things that I say. Aidan especially, as he hears things we say and on TV. Ethan's are more spread out, mainly due to his age. He does come out with some funny stuff, though. Here are some of my favorites:
The other night, Ethan had a "stomach ache", so he claimed. He also had an "eye ache". I am not sure what that was about, but you can never put it past Ethan to some up with something new to hurt. He was acting really pitiful, and crying. I finally told him that if it was really this bad, with it being a Sunday night, I would just have to take him to the hospital. I left his room for a few minutes, then went back in to check on him. He said, "Mom, I think we just need to go the hospital. I think it is the only way.". That was so funny to me. It was like a "life/death" statement. Needless to say, we didn't go to the hospital. Clint went in and laid down with him for bed, and he was miraculously healed. I went in to see why everything was so quite, and they were both asleep on the top bunk. Clint stayed there until 2am. Nothing like a little Daddy time.
My Mom is keeping the boys today, and during one of our many conversations thoughout the day, she told me what Aidan said while looking for a snack. He manipulated her into lifting him up to see what was in the upper cabinet of the pantry (mistake). In the pantry was Fig Newtons, his new found favorite cookie (excuse me....Fruit and Cake...as the commercial says). He said, "Oh, I found them... Pig Newtons!" note...all of his F's and V's are substituted with B's and P's.
"Man, that's gotta leave a mark!"...Ethan says this when watching an action movie. Yes...I am a bad Mom for letting him watch action movies.
"You're a cookoo brain"...Aidan...all the time. Not sure where he got this, but he got it!
"Gimme 10 kisses and 10 hugs!"...Aidan every night. Yes, we actually count them. He won't kiss me on the lips anymore, though. He asks for my cheek. It breaks my heart.
"Did you use soap?"...Me asking Ethan after his bath. Often, there is a re-bathing process that occurs after this question.
"Did you breathe at all?"...Me asking Clint after he eats his dinner. The answer is usually "no".
"Can I sleep with you?"...Ethan says this EVERY night, but what is funny about it is that he spells out "sleep with you" really fast. The answer is "no" every night, but he asks anyway. Poor little guy.
"What's that smell?"...Me going into the boys' bathroom. It doesn't matter how many times I clean it. It still stinks.
"Chew with your mouth closed"...If I hear Clint say this one more time to the boys, I am going to start chewing with my mouth open, just to irritate him.
"Where are my Pokemon' cards...My valuable ones"... This is Ethan. He cannot keep up with his stuff. This must be a guy thing, because Aidan and Clint are the same way. I had no idea that Pokemon' cards were "valuable", but apparently they are. If I see them laying in the floor at any given time, I throw them away. Hope I didn't toss a "valuable" one. I may be out major money!
"I love you, Mama"...Both of my boys, several times a day. They say it all the time, and prove it with hugs and kisses, and even good behavior on occasion. I love those little guys....
3 comments:
I enjoy hearing and seeing all the fun things your family does.
I love this!!!!!
I like it!!
Sorry I missed your Birthday!! Allen's Dad was riding up on his motorcycle Tuesday and it threw the whole day off.
so...Happy Birthday to you..Happy Birthday to Leah..Happy Birthday to you..:)
Post a Comment