Lately, Aidan has been asking my about Obama. I think that he gets some exposure to Fox News at Papa's house, and hears Papa talking about his dislike for the President. Over the weekend, he would say things like:
"We hate Obama, right?" (at which I would answer that we don't "hate" anyone)
"Where does Obama live?"
"Is Washington farther than North Carolina?"
"Will we ever go see Obama?"
"Is Obama mean?"
Though I don't say anything or place my personal political views on my kindergartener, I do find it quite amusing that he has already picked up on a few things about Obama. In his mind, Obama is bad, just because of what he hears us say. It reminds me that eventhough little ears might not understand what we are talking about, they can definitely pick up on the tones (negative/positive) of what we say.
Both of the boys had strep throat over the weekend. On Sunday, Aidan's sickness hit quickly. I could tell that he was starting to run a fever, so I sat him up on the counter top and popped the thermometer in his mouth. After it beeped, he looked up at me with tear filled eyes and asked me if he had a fever. I told him that he did, and told him what it was. This is what he said:
"I don't want to have a fever. I want to give my fever to Obama."
Words cannot express the thoughts running through my mind when he said that. I wanted to cry just because he felt so bad. I laughed though. Out loud laughter. I think Aidan will do well in math. He has already put 2 and 2 together. Fever is bad. Obama is bad (according to the things that he hears). Obama should get his fever.
1 comment:
too funny!
Post a Comment