Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rollin' down the River

We spent Memorial Day with Dad and Judy and drove up to the Ocoee River. A side note: I will not ride in the back seat with my kids ever again. You can figure out the rest...

We had been talking to Ethan about white water rafting, but he really could not grasp the concept until we arrived at the top of the river where the rafters go in. He is not old enough to ride the Ocoee yet, but can ride the Natahala. We plan to do that this summer if time permits. Anyway, as you can see from the pictures, they had a blast just hanging out at the top of the river.



Aidan was taking it all in.
This picture was taken when Aidan finally got up the nerve to get close to the dam, and he started dancing when the mist hit him. Hilarious to watch...

Ethan can not resist bunny ears.
Love this one...

This shot was the first encounter with the water. By the time we left, he was soaked up to his chest.

He was interested in going, but if given the opportunity, I am sure he would not.


This was about the only time I could get Judy in a picture, and it was only because she was up too high to stop me!

He climbed, and climbed, and climbed.
ROCKS!!


I absolutely love this one. Dad moved in and started talking to Ethan about the water, and right when I was about to get an even better picture, a bunch of guys walked over and blocked my view. I was not happy.

It doesn't look like it from here, but he was up pretty high. He climbed for about 10 minutes, and really wanted me to get this picture.

1 comment:

AG said...

looks like you guys had fun!

I feel the same way when I ride in the back of the van with all 3 of mine!! :)