Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Changes....

Wow! It has been forever since I last posted. There have been quite a few changes in my life, all of which have been time consuming. Blogging was very important, and a good release for me, but it took a back seat when life got really busy.

School started, and that has been going great. Aidan has adjusted well, and has actually started eating! I know he has gained weight, because when he takes a bath at night, I don't see all ribs and spine anymore. It is fantastic! He knows it too. He will tell me on a daily basis...."Mama, I grew like Ethan!" It is so sweet. He admires Ethan so much.

Ethan is playing football now. I will post some of those pictures soon. He is getting so big, and now weighs in at a whopping 85 pounds. I can remember when he was just 6 pounds 8 ounces....

The biggest, most time consuming change has been my job. I have been a trainer at Unum for the past 6 1/2 years. My boss came to me about 6 weeks ago and told me that he was having to reduce his staff, and that I was one of those being reduced. That was a nice conversation to have on a Monday afternoon. He told me that I had 2 options possibly. The claims organization, which is where I had been originally, might be able to take me back. The other option was that I would be without a job by the end of the year.

Wow. What a pill to swallow. I had to ask God for a big glass of water to help with that pill. It was a horse pill, and I couldn't break that one in half. I went to him, and totally turned this one over to him. I knew that whatever happened, it was his will. The training organization was not a healthy environment for me. I had tried to do his work for some time while I was there, as well as my job, but sometimes people are just not ready to accept what it there to be had. I think my job being eliminated was His way of saying, "You tried....Thank you....Let's move on". So, I moved on.

I am now back in claims. Praise the Lord that they took me back. I have 100 times to work to do now, but my work life is 100 times less stressful. I have to windows to look out while I work. I had been in the basement for 6 years. Periodically, I will come up for air, step to the window, and remember the scripture..."Be still and know that I am God". Our preacher spoke about that on Sunday. It is so helpful to me throughout the day. As I look out the window, and see his wonder all around during this beautiful time of year, I can feel my blood pressure fall.

One more thing.....For those of you I did not lose in my blogging hiatus, Aidan is having a heart cath tomorrow. Please lift him up in your prayers. We always pray for healing, but most importantly, I just ask that you pray for his anxiety to be low, his doctors/nurses to be sharp as always, and the results to be favorable as can be.

It is good to be back. Stay tuned....

No comments: